On this tour, you will:
- Visit LA’s first tortilla factory
- Taste time-honored family recipes
- Visit a nationally-renowned tamale restaurant
- Visit LA’s first birrieria
- Hear stories of courageous spirit, community, and family loyalty from local merchants
- Visit a health-conscious pupuseria
- Visit a contemporary Latina café
Beginning near downtown Los Angeles, we also spend time in Boyle Heights, with well-deserved focus on Mariachi Plaza, the grand centerpiece of the neighborhood. Palates are pleased beyond measure to enjoy a unique medley of fresh, amazing Latin flavors that have graced family tables for generations. Starting with breakfast, guests are treated to traditional handmade foods, some of which originated south of our border over 100 years ago! Foods tasted may be typically expected, yet are extraordinarily prepared. The tour concludes back at our original starting point. The food samples served are filling enough so that for most people lunch afterward is not necessary.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
Parking at the starting point is not included. Rates for parking range from $3-$5 for the entire day.
Gratuity to the tour leader is customary especially if you had a great time & would like to recognize the tour guide for a job well done. A 15-20% tip is considered standard and is greatly appreciated!
Chinatown Metro Gold Line Station (Los Angeles, CA 90012) (Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets).